Job Title: Mortgage Administrator
Location: Horsham Office
Salary – depending on experience. £22,000 – £34,000
- Are you a skilled administrator looking for your next challenge?
- Do you have previous experience within mortgage administration, or a sales support role.
- Perhaps you have a transferable skill set within another area of financial services and are looking to build a career within mortgage and protection.
- If so this exciting new opportunity could be for you.
Our client is a Financial Advisers, who are part of the quilter network. The company operates a well-established Wealth department and also has a small but successful mortgage department. They now require an experienced administrator to join their existing mortgage and protection brokerage firm.
This is a full-time role 9:00am to 17:00pm Monday to Friday. The role will be based in their modern and spacious Horsham offices.
The company are fast paced due to its volume of success and prides itself on excellent customer service. A role here therefore requires someone who thrives in a busy environment and is confident with client interaction, and building client rapport.
The role of the Mortgage Administrator will involve providing administration support to the sales team, case managing files accurately within prescribed timescales, and focusing on achieving excellent customer service at all times. They are seeking an individual who can take ownership of customers’ queries ensuring appropriate solutions are given and seen through to conclusion. The company is a social and supportive team of 15 in total, and the role would suit someone who enjoys being a Team player. The mortgage department however is a close knit team of 2 currently, and so the person for this role would need to demonstrate initiative and being able to work autonomously as well at times. Good planning and effective organisational skills with a methodical approach to work
The role comes with the opportunity to continue professional development and be supported through mortgage exams to complete the CeMap and build a skill set to include more technical aspects of mortgage adviser support, including research and suitability letter writing. The role also comes with the opportunity to develop into a mortgage and protection adviser within the business.
- Submission and progress of mortgage applications through to legal completion and beyond.
- Liaise with Mortgage Advisers to ensure appraisal on the progress of mortgage cases and resolve any queries arising.
- Submission and progression of protection applications.
- Monitoring client emails, and account management of repeat clients.
- Act as the first port of call for queries from clients, lenders and conveyancers.
- General office administration duties such as filing, faxing, photocopying, and answering the telephone.
- Support with marketing activities as required.
- Updating and maintaining systems and files.
- Working with advisors to ensure all activities meet compliance and regulatory requirements.
Experience & Qualifications
- Proven administration experience within a mortgage or financial services environment.
- Excellent communication and customer services skills.
- Excellent computer skills including database set-up and maintenance, Microsoft office including excel and word.
- Attention to detail and experience of working with prescribed systems and procedures.
- Self-motivated and professional individual.
- Ability to work under pressure without supervision.
Other Information and benefits with the role
- Office hours 9am-5pm Monday to Friday with a 45min lunch break.
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday: 23 days plus bank holidays increasing each year until 25 days
- Death in Service benefit
If this role sounds of interest then please apply.