Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Are you a Paraplanner looking for your next role working within Financial Services?
Our client is looking for a Paraplanner to join their friendly team. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain workflows within the Department. Ensuring that the service received by consultants is timely and accurate.
Provide the level of service required by the Company for the consultants in line with client and investment proposition.
Undertake the role of Paraplanner to provide technical and product support to the Consultants throughout the sales process. When required aid the Compliance department and assist Network members with technical and product queries in a timely manner.
In order to fulfil the above, it is expected that you will liaise with members of the team and senior management, reporting regularly to the Senior Paraplanner and Operations Manager.
The successful candidate must be Level 4 or Paraplanning equivalent to work towards Level 4 once in the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote and work always towards our client’s policy of delivery of Client Best Interest outcomes.
- To ensure adherence always to the suite of policy and procedures, with distinct regard and compliance with the Conflict of Interest Policy and Inducement and Incentive policy.
- To take responsibility for own performance and to identify personal development areas.
- Initial assessment of case on receipt to ensure all required information is present, ensuring anything further is requested where needed.
- To research suitable products based on client(s) circumstances and requirements in order to allow an adviser to make a recommendation within both an Independent and Restricted proposition. Also, to provide the adviser with evidence of research using the company’s chosen software and via any other relevant sources of information i.e. fund information, pension comparison, exchange comparison.
- Obtain personal illustrations, key features document, application forms and any other relevant information to aid the sign up of business. Provide a complete audit trail from the software system to justify product selection
- Offer research services to advisers for specialist cases where the client may have niche requirements that are unusual i.e. Health, Tax etc.
- Prepare the draft recommendation report for sign off by the adviser.
- Oversee record keeping by administration regarding locations of letters of authority and research requests to ensure every piece of research can be found at any stage of the process.
- Ensure that all business completed by the team is compliantly researched and all files for submitted business clearly demonstrate suitability.
- Assist compliance and other colleagues in any area as directed.
- When required assists Network members with technical and product queries in a timely manner.
- To ensure a consistent and up to date approach across both Independent and Restricted channels.
- Prepare ongoing service reports for advisers where clients have signed up to an ongoing service including the completion of costs and charges.
Practical Skill Set:
- Possessing good interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a demanding environment, the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and in all media types.
- Ability to work on own initiative and maintain self-control when under pressure. Willingness to learn and maintain knowledge within an ever-changing market.
- Good keyboard skills
- Practical experience with Word, Excel and Database applications
- Knowledge of research software, including Capita Fusion, O&M, Financial Express Analytics
- Experience of Intelligent Office CRM is desirable
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Up to date knowledge of financial services providers and products
If this role sounds as though it aligns with your desire to have a career that comes with fantastic ongoing career development prospects and a high level of compensation, please email your CV with a covering letter now.
If this role isn’t of interest, then please contact us as we have a number of active roles at the moment that may be more suitable.