Location: Outskirts of Reading
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Paraplanner to join their support team. Your role will be to take ownership of the company’s paraplanning function, engaging at both an operational and technical level. To assist in researching and evaluating clients’ personal financial circumstances and provide potential financial planning solutions to meet their requirements.
Flexible working comes as an option with this role.
The successful candidate must hold the CII Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, or equivalent, and at least two CII AF level exams. Working towards Chartered status.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent technical awareness of the UK’s tax system as relevant to the needs of individuals and trusts
- Knowledgeable on the technical framework surrounding personal pension schemes (DC and DB), including the impact of lifetime transfers and transfers at death.
- Proficient in using relevant software packages (e.g. cashflow modelling and fund research) and MS Office applications
- Fact finding – Working with advisers, clients and third parties to identify clients’ personal circumstances and objectives.
- Research – Liaising with third party product providers to obtain quotes, illustrations and product details for analysis.
- Establishing recommendations – Formulating recommendations as best seen fit to achieve client’s objectives.
- Report writing – Documenting recommendations clearly and with due regard to regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining records – Recording all client communications and research documents on relevant client files.
- Additional tasks – Providing support in other functions, for example to cover staff leave and providing management information reports.
If this role sounds as though it aligns with your desire to have a career that comes with fantastic ongoing career development prospects and a high level of compensation, please email your CV with a covering letter now.
If this role isn’t of interest then please contact us as we have a number of active roles at the moment that may be more suitable.