The Five Steps of Interview Prep
You perfected your CV, applied for your dream role and got invited to interview. Now what? Here’s the five steps of interview prep every candidate needs to know:
1. Research. Read the company’s website closely, look for social media feeds (and follow them!) and look your interviewers up on LinkedIn. There is no such thing as being too prepared!
2. Plan your route. Assuming the interview is taking place face-to-face, make sure you know exactly where you are going, how you will get there and how long it will take. There is no excuse for being late! If you are meeting online, ensure you have all the necessary software, hardware and quiet space.
3. Have hard copies to hand. Print and keep a copy of your CV, your covering letter the job advert and job spec close by. You’ll want them to hand so you can reference back and if your mind goes blank mid interview.
4. Make notes. Ahead of the interview, go back through the job advert and job spec and make a note of any questions you have. We also recommend you have a pen and paper to hand during your interview so you can make a note of any key points or questions you’d like to revisit when prompted.
5. Take care of your basic human needs. It sounds simple but so often we forget! Make sure you have eaten, hydrated, had an early night and laid out a smart, suitable outfit.