Flexible vs Remote
The global pandemic accelerated the ‘Workplace Digital Revolution’, with millions of us leaving the office in March 2020 and working remotely from the safety of our own homes.
For many, this was a welcome step into a more flexible work life – but do you know the difference between flexible working and remote working?
– You are predominately based from home but have an office location
– You work fixed hours every day (e.g. 9am – 5pm)
– You have a more traditional team structure
– Your colleagues will expect to contact you throughout the day
– You can work from anywhere
– Your working hours do not conform to the ‘traditional’ working day
– Your colleagues will not expect to contact you at any time throughout the day
Remote working (often called Working From Home) is one type of flexible working, but does not embrace the same ‘anytime, anywhere’ approach as flexible working.
Whilst every business will have its own requirements, a truly flexible approach to working could help you recruit talent from a much wider pool of candidates.
Here at Cranleigh Personnel we’ve spent 10 years recruiting within the Wealth Planning industry – we understand the landscape.
If you’d like to discuss roles, flexible working or recruitment; we’d love to hear from you!
Call 01483 279837 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org