Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Are you an experienced technical Paraplanner looking for your next role working within Financial Services / Wealth Management?
Our client, an independent boutique wealth planner is looking for a Senior Technical Consultant / Paraplanner to join their team.
The successful candidate will provide financial planning support to Private Client Advisers across our central adviser teams, assisting them in delivering an outstanding holistic financial planning service to new and existing HNW clients, who typically have complex planning needs. The role helps the advisers to provide clarity to clients and to deliver the exceptional quality service that clients expect.
The successful candidate should hold a Chartered Financial Planner status with the CII.
The role comprises, but is not restricted to:
- Preparing for and attending all client meetings wherever possible, taking detailed written notes and following up on any technical points after the meeting.
- Gathering and analysing comprehensive, detailed information from clients, their professional advisers and others.
- Producing comprehensive and clear suitability letters for clients.
- Preparing lifetime cashflow models relevant to each client’s circumstances, objectives and possible financial outcomes.
- Communicating these models to each client in person and in writing. Dealing with queries and modified scenarios as required.
- Constructing and producing a financial plan to address each client’s lifetime objectives in the context of these cashflow models, generally comprising (but not limited to) contingency planning, legacy/succession planning, asset allocation/wealth management and tax planning.
- Carrying out regular reviews of clients’ financial plans, circumstances and objectives.
- Dealing with complex and technical client queries as and when they arise.
- Interpreting new technical information, legislative and regulatory changes from various in-house and external sources and ensuring the team remains compliant with FCA and internal compliance procedures.
- Engaging with intelligent, demanding clients (many of whom are investment professionals themselves) consistent with developing and maintaining outstanding, long-term relationships.
- Liaising with other technical staff in order to ensure a consistent client experience across the Group.
- Being willing and able to work to pressing deadlines, sometimes involving a level of time commitment beyond standard working hours.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Level 6 qualified, or equivalent
- Have 5+ years’ experience:
- within the independent sector of the financial services industry
- in a paraplanning role involving direct contact with sophisticated HNW clients
- Hold Chartered Financial Planner status with the CII
- Understand the principles of asset allocation and portfolio construction
- Have excellent knowledge of investment, life and pensions products and current legislation
- Have broad knowledge of esoteric products, including VCT and EIS investments and structured products
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Income Tax, CGT, IHT, Trusts and both DC and DB pension transfers
- Understand the importance and benefits of lifetime cashflow modelling, ideally with experience of Voyant as a cashflow modelling tool
Previous experience of using Intelliflo will be an advantage.
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Be a resourceful and creative problem solver, capable of embracing the role quickly and progressing to working largely unsupervised
- Is able to analyse and evaluate information in detail, and reach suitable conclusions as needed
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex strategies with clarity
- Can be punctual, presentable and professional at all times
- Works well under pressure and uses their own initiative
- Always demonstrates exceptional attention to detail
- Has the ability to build a strong proactive working relationship with the advisers, for whom they will provide technical support, and the clients and providers with whom they will deal with.
- Has the aptitude to assist the advisers and their clients in an enthusiastic and proactive forward-thinking manner using organisational, managing, and prioritising skills. A high level of organisation is important.
- Is driven to learn, able to think laterally and apply new ideas and skills to their role
- Has the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and needs and new challenges
- Remains focused and motivated to always deliver an exceptional level of customer service to clients, third parties and colleagues
- Is professional in the workplace and always supportive and respectful to colleagues.
If this role sounds as though it aligns with your desire to have a career that comes with fantastic ongoing career development prospects and a high level of compensation, please email your CV with a covering letter now.
If this role isn’t of interest then please contact us as we have a number of active roles at the moment that may be more suitable.