Based City, London
Hours 9am-5pm – Hybrid working – 2 days in the office/ 3 days working from home
Salary £28,000 – £35,000
Do you currently have experience with protection administration? Would you be interested in an exciting challenge to join a whole of market Financial Advisers as a protection pipeline manager? This opportunity offers the chance to join a fantastic team and really harness the role of being responsible for the “end to end” management of protection cases.
The client is a diverse and highly respected financial planning firm of 70 people in total based in the city right by Cannon Street Station. Forward-thinking, and incredibly client focussed. They have both a financial planning arm and a separate mortgage advisory arm to the ever-growing business and feel that protection is a key element in their business.
What they can offer
Boasting some fantastic benefits such as plush offices, 12% annual bonuses, the option to work from home 2 days a week, and a fantastic diverse and social team as well as progression options through to adviser down the line – in fact, the role has come about as the last Protection Pipeline Manager has now been promoted to an Adviser.
What they are looking for
They are looking for an individual keen for a new challenge of helping to manage and drive the process of protection policies through to completion in a smooth and client-focused manner.
The opportunity will involve Building, honing, and owning a process that ensures that the client’s experience of effecting a protection policy with the company is positive such that cases are completed without “fuss,” keeping the client informed at all times – Working in a proactive way to build strong relationships with all 3rd parties involved in the process (advisers, providers, Dr’s. surgeries) such that the timeline from proposal submission to completion is kept to a minimum.
The ideal candidate
The successful hire will have a good understanding of how the protection and underwriting process works. Someone who is comfortable with dealing with providers, working with Advisers, is hugely customer focussed as well as process-driven. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to be tenacious and handle tough conversations with providers and customers alike. Someone who is passionate about making sure the protection process is a positive one for the client and who genuinely cares about getting customers covered accordingly.
The ability to demonstrate the below will ensure the individual takes ownership of this exciting new role in the business.
- Customer-Centric approach – the client servicing must be central to this role (this isn’t a sales role), and every process will pivot around it
- Lateral thinking – being able to solve problems around underwriting decisions (declinatures, ratings etc), provider requirements, client/adviser position and expectations
- Internal/External Relationship Management – internal through all roles (acting as protection guru), external through Openwork, provider key contacts, etc
- Ownership and Accountability – Protection is their world, and they should want and possess the hunger and appetite to own all aspects of it
- Process and Procedure – all aspects of owning and administering the pipeline from communication, prioritisation, time management, diligence, accuracy, etc
- Soft Skills – tenacity, diligence, detailed, team player, driven, goal orientated
Other Competence / Knowledge / Skills required
- A broad understanding of the financial services market
- Strong administration skills
- Team Player with the ability to achieve agreed outcomes under own initiative, without supervision or micro-management
- Personable, with the ability to interact with a wide range of individuals
- Excellent organisational, time management & prioritisation skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with a confident, clear and professional telephone manner
- IT literate – Basic knowledge of Microsoft office package (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Strong work ethic with the ability to proactively seek out work
- Ability to work under pressure and to agreed deadlines
Values – Understand and be able to articulate the company values; behaving in a way that clearly demonstrates what these mean in terms of working with colleagues and when interacting with clients.
Compliance – To work in a compliant manner – This requires taking personal responsibility to stay fully up to date such that there is constant adherence to the company’s systems, policies and regulatory requirements.
Record-Keeping – Effective use of all designated back office systems (e.g. OWS) to monitor and track the advice processes. It is a mandatory business requirement that all relevant systems are populated with accurate and up to date telephone call and email details.
Relationship Management – Establishing, building and maintaining quality relationships with key personnel at each product provider – keeping up to date with changes in underwriting limits thus understanding the likelihood of cases being accepted with or without further medical evidence – Liaising with advisers, keeping them up to date with progress of individual cases. Providing progress reports and ensuring clients are constantly aware of any medical requirements.
If you feel you have the right level of protection and underwriting knowledge as well as the above abilities and skills to harness this protection pipeline manager role and be a crucial part of building and managing the protection pipeline within this business then please email your CV and we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to the high level of response; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume you have not been successful. However, please keep applying as we work with some great local clients and may have something more suitable to your skill set.