The opportunity for an experienced Practice Manager to join a rapidly expanding Financial Services Practice which provides a highly personalised financial planning and investment management service.
My client is looking for a Practice Manager who is highly experienced at bringing teams together, overseeing general operations as well as motivating, training and developing, our team. The Practice Manager will also be adept at hiring the right skill sets to expand our existing team. The role is incredibly varied and demanding and requires an inspirational team leader with a high level of organisation and strong management and communication skills.
The remit includes:
- Line Management – This individual will manage a team of 3 (quickly growing to 6)
- Recruitment – monitoring Interns and Training and Development
- MI – Development of KPI’s for monitoring staff case load and performance. Compiling and presenting business income and administration MI for management meetings
- Regulatory / Compliance governance – Keep up to date with regulatory changes
- Awareness of Compliance duties – Gabriel Reporting/ updating client agreements and suitability reports etc.
- Working with the compliance team to facilitate quarterly external file and other governance checks
- Complete AML checks
- Financial governance – Reconciliations of monies into the business
- Leadership – act as an inspirational leader, motivating and inspiring teams as well as managing performance when necessary, so it meets the expectations of the business.
The successful candidate will have a high level of numeracy and communication skills both written and orally, strong management skills or ambition to step into management as part of their career development. You will be joining an ambitious and energetic team.
The Job Description
- Ensure business processes and policies are adhered throughout the office
- Assisting with day-to-day activities, projects and tasks to ensure smooth running of the office
- Coaching the team to help get the best performance from the individuals and the team
- Ensure adherence to FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) rules as defined in the firm’s compliance procedures
- Responsible for directly managing the Administration Team, acting as an inspirational leader, able to mentor and motivate teams so they perform at a high level and develop a level of ownership over the tasks and processing times of client and prospect tasks
- Reconciling income to the business using the CRM system
- Be a valued member of the team and assist in the smooth running of the business
· Day to day management of CRM and client management system, working to migrate existing client data on to our new systems
· Implementation of workflows and management of workloads
· Assisting with the administration of the daily payments and matching these to the right fee expectation.
Skills and Experience Required
In order to be considered for this unique opportunity, candidates need to have.
- Proven office management experience within a Financial Advice environment (preferably independent)
- Ability to motivate and coach teams to perform at a high level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to influence the direction and performance of those junior members of the team.
- Experience with the main providers for Life cover, Mortgage, Pensions and Investments
- Experience using a range of provider websites
- Knowledge of how to maintain compliance with all regulatory and FCA procedures
- Familiarity with the major quotations systems
- Familiarity with Transact, Aviva, AJ bell, James Hayes etc, would be a distinct advantage
- Ideally experience with IRESS , Xplan, Intelliflo
- Proven ability for managing a team to increase business production efficiency and output