Salary: £45,000 -£60,000 (depending on experience)
This is as opportunity to join a fast-growing, but very well established, independent wealth manager based in Chislehurst.
The investment team is responsible for setting the investment strategy and building and implementing client portfolios, discretionary and non-discretionary. The team also produces regular research for non-advised clients and the national media.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a wealth management/asset management environment, with previous fund analyst experience, and will be expected to make a meaningful contribution to debate and challenge within the Investment Management Committee.
• Key source of fund, asset allocation, and portfolio analysis.
• Key role in the investment management committee, and presenting to colleagues.
• Source new investment ideas.
• Build investment presentations and reports for clients.
• Keep up to date with developments in the fund industry, markets and economy.
• Contribute to relevant team projects and ongoing development of the firm.
• Make informed risk decisions, and debate and challenge investment ideas.
• Compiling reports using FE Analytics.
Preferred skills and attributes:
• Degree (or equivalent higher education), ideally in a related subject but not essential.
• At least level 4 qualified in IMC, or CISI or equivalent.
• Relevant experience working within investment or wealth management environment.
• Experience of analysing retail funds and ETFs.
• Knowledge and understanding of financial markets.
• Ability to research, formulate and articulate evidence backed opinions.
• Ability to write about a complex investment issue in plain English, for clients or media.
• Well organised with an enquiring mind, good attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word and Power Point) and have strong data analysis skills.
• Working knowledge of FE Analytics preferred.
• Knowledge of UK retail platform industry.
• To be able to work well within in a small team and to be self-motivated.
• Ability to work independently and come up with ideas to enhance the process, a pro-active attitude is vital.
• Undertake continuing personal development to meet the requirements of the role.
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment and associated risks that require ongoing monitoring.
So, if you are thinking you need a fresh start then please apply and then we can run through the role in more detail.