Salary: Dependent on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our client’s Compliance Department, in the file checking sub-department. The role would suit an individual with a passion for ensuring the advice given to clients from advisers are compliant.
The role will involve high attention to detail, as you will be checking suitability letters coming through from the advisers and grading them accordingly. There is a grading system used of Green, Amber and Red – and the individuals in the Compliance Department will need to flag any areas that aren’t compliant for whatever reason. You will work with the adviser to flag any concerns and suggest amendments etc.
The company fully encourages continuing professional development and would support any further exams towards the diploma in financial planning or any others you feel may be relevant to the role.
Any necessary training will be provided, but experience within compliance and working with advisers, either through a bank, an IFA environment, or a mortgage adviser is highly desirable.
Main Function of the Role:
Assist in embedding a positive compliance culture for the company within it’s Networks, helping firms deliver robust and repeatable best practices and to identify and mitigate risk. To be a point of contact for Member Firms and Field Compliance Supervisors and offer Compliance support to ensure their adherence to the rules, guidance and procedures in place which govern the activities of regulated individuals and firms, helping to ensure a positive outcome is achieved for consumers.
This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive list of tasks and may be varied in order to reflect changes in the role, organisation or legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote and work at all times towards the client’s policy of delivery of Client Best Interest outcomes.
- To ensure adherence at all times to the client’s suite of policy and procedures, with distinct regard and compliance with the Conflict of Interest Policy and Inducement and Incentive policy.
- To take responsibility for own performance and to identify personal development areas.
- To provide support to the Compliance Manager by conducting Focused Audits of the activities of individuals and firms where there is evidence of the Firm or Individual being of a risk to the Company arising from their activities.
- To conduct Induction, Monitoring, Investigation, Remedial and Exit Visits on Firms using pre-prepared check sheets and any special instructions or directions agreed by the Compliance Manager according to individual circumstances, and accurately recorded outcomes on the in-house systems. These visits may be on site around the UK or conducted remotely from the Horsham office.
- To review client files to confirm suitability and good consumer outcomes and adherence to regulatory and company requirements and identify and require remedial action from members firms where necessary.
- To identify any breaches or misconduct by firms and individual and report any training/compliance failures to the Compliance Manager.
- To provide feedback and prepare action plans for firms and individuals following any audit and to complete a risk evaluation of each individual within the firm and an overall risk assessment of the firm based upon the findings of any audit.
- To provide guidance to firms and individuals in setting up and maintaining good business and compliance practices and procedures, to include review and approval of financial promotions and the provision of technical support.
- To provide feedback to other departments within the company and to take remedial action to ensure that satisfactory relationships are maintained between the company and the individual or firm.
- To perform any role as required for the successful implementation of the clients’ compliance plan.
- To handle consumer complaints in a fair and non-biased manner, in accordance with regulatory requirements and in-house procedures, and to document these effectively to allow root cause analysis to support the continued improvement of consumer outcomes for The Company.
- To undertake or lead project work where required by the Compliance Manager.
- To maintain continual professional development and skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Working knowledge of the FCA Rules.
- Awareness of the rules and regulations of other relevant bodies (e.g. JMLSG, FATF, ICO).
- Working knowledge of the Compliance Manual (training given).
- Progression towards Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning.
- CII Financial Services Regulation and Ethics (R01) (desirable). Essential within 12 months of appointment
Essential Practical Skills
- Demonstrate sound analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate sound IT Skills, specifically Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Email.
- Demonstrate good report writing skills, including the use of plain English.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry, products and risks.
- Working knowledge of a Compliant Sales Process and Disclosure requirements.
- QCA Level 4, 6 or 6+ qualification.
Our client will we consider someone part-time, however, not home based. If part-time then they would be looking for another to job share.
If this roles sounds as though it aligns with your desire to have a career that comes with fantastic ongoing career development prospects and a high level of compensation, please email your CV with a covering letter now.
Please note that due to the high level of response; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume you have not been successful. However, please keep applying as we work with some great local clients.