Job Title: Office Assistant/ Receptionist
Salary: up to £22,000 depending on experience
Location: Covent Gardens, London
Our client is looking for an Office Assistant/ Receptionist to provide a confidential and efficient coordination service to ensure the seamless management of calls and associated tasks and responsibilities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Receive and answer mainline telephone calls ensuring they are answered politely and efficiently and within 3 rings
- Process calls as appropriate including transferring phone calls correctly and message taking and passing on
- Announce calls and callers to the Partners and Staff
- Provide help and assistance to callers as required with regards to the relevant person to speak to and answer general enquiries as far as is practical
- Meet and greet visitors, keeping a record of their name and person/department they’re meeting with – Logging in Visitor’s Book.
- Issue of Parking Permits to all visitors, logging and printing supplies.
- Provide refreshments to visitors as appropriate
- Escort visitors to the relevant department/meeting room as required.
- Upkeep of company brochure packs and supplies in Reception Area and supplies required by Partners.
- Manage on Outlook the bookings for the use of the meeting rooms and conferencing facilities ensuring no double bookings are made.
- Ensure the rooms are tidy and replenished with refreshment supplies on an ongoing basis.
- Provide stationery and aids as applicable e.g. Flip chart and pens and paper.
- Provide assistance for ad hoc meetings as required
- Receive incoming mail, date stamp it and distribute accordingly
- Process outgoing mail, keeping a record on a spreadsheet
- Order bikes and couriers and ensure appropriate records are maintained
- Reconcile invoices and code for payment, handle any anomalies; arrange for authorisation in accordance with Synergy procedure and pass to accounts for payment once authorised.
- Manage the internal telephone directories keeping them up to date and relevant, and distributing across the office
- Full working knowledge of all photocopiers, ensuring on a daily basis they are fully supplied and stock (paper/toners).
- Organise restaurant bookings, order taxis, photocopying; office filing
Job Specific Technical Skills:
- Telephone/Switchboard operator
- Excel, Word and Outlook proficient
- Good verbal communication skills – interpersonal skills
The ideal candidate should:
- Previous reception and front of house experience essential
- Good level of education and GCSE passes
- Be able to work independently
- Have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Be able to multi-task and assimilate new tasks quickly